The attorneys at Martin & Martin are working at the forefront of civil rights law, with expertise in a broad range of discrimination cases including workplace and housing discrimination and discrimination based on sex, race, age and identity.
Our discrimination lawyers are tenacious fighters who are fiercely dedicated to bringing our clients the justice and compensation they deserve.
57% of black Americans reported discrimination in pay and consideration for promotions. – Harvard Public Health
What is Workplace Discrimination?
Discrimination attorneys at Martin & Martin help people who have been treated unfairly because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or other protected characteristics. Discrimination in the workplace can lead a victim to quit a job, flee from their home, or suffer other consequences that might set them back economically or emotionally, or even bring them harm.
If you believe you have experienced discrimination, our attorneys can help you understand how the laws apply to your particular situation—and fight for you and your rights.
Common Types of Workplace Discrimination
Discrimination in the workplace takes many forms. Some of the most common include:
- Sexual Discrimination. Unfair treatment because of an employee’s gender can take different forms, like unequal pay, being passed over for promotions, or enduring workplace harassment.
- Racial Discrimination. Discrimination due to race or ethnicity may show up as being passed over for promotions, being given different job assignments, or being treated differently than other employees.
- Age Discrimination. Unfair treatment based on age can translate into not being taken seriously for younger people or being mistreated and dismissed as less competent for older employees.
- Sexual Identity & LGBTQIA Discrimination. The law prohibits sexual orientation and gender identity discrimination when it comes to any aspect of employment, including hiring, firing, pay, job assignments and promotions, and any other term or condition of employment.
Our Expertise Includes:
- Gender discrimination
- Employment and workplace discrimination
- Age discrimination
- Racial discrimination
- Disability discrimination
- Pregnancy discrimination
- Religious discrimination in the workplace
- Disabled veteran discrimination
- Mental illness discrimination in the workplace
- Discrimination by police/law enforcement
- Military discrimination cases
- Patient discrimination
In some cases, discrimination can lead to wrongful termination. This is when an employee is fired from their job because of their race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or other protected characteristics. If you have been wrongfully terminated, our discrimination lawyers can help you get the compensation and justice you deserve.
Let Our Discrimination Attorneys Go to Work for You
Discrimination can be a complex issue, which is why you need an experienced team on your side. Our lawyers specialize in workplace, age, gender, racial, religious and disability discrimination law. We’re committed to standing up for you to help you get the justice you deserve.